Re: [OM] prius

Subject: Re: [OM] prius
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 14:15:25 +0000
Wikipedia  - Toyota Prius: Each battery pack uses 10­15 kg (22­33 lb) of
lanthanum. As each electric motor in Prius also contains 1 kg (2 lb) of
neodymium.

I wouldn't call 3000lbs a low curb weight. 2000lbs, yes, but cars of that
lightness are not common nowadays, unfortunately. The 80s and early 90s were
a great time for lightweight cars.