Re: [OM] blocking ads, etc.

Subject: Re: [OM] blocking ads, etc.
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 15:01:15 +0000
AdBlock plus on Firefox blocks nearly all the various tracking, cookies,
annoying scripts, ads and whatnot. I use it extensively, and basically never
see ads on any site.  I universally block the googleanalytics JS code too,
from all sites. (ga.js I think it's called)

There's another firefox add-on called Optimize Google I think, that also
tweaks many of  the google site offerings, including of course disabling
tracking and removing ads.

I've never bothered installing their toolbar, it just seemed superfluous to
me (as do all toolbars).

FWIW
-Ed