Re: [OM] adblocking

Subject: Re: [OM] adblocking
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 16:23:22 +0000
Analytics should really be measured from the server-side. We use GA at work,
mostly because it's easy and looks nice. But the stats are somewhat skewed
since it comes from the front-end. But, we don't bother running logs anymore
from the back end - too much work, and GA is good enough.

I love not seeing ads anywhere. It's such a relief from the over-the-top ads
and scripts (and flash) that many sites use. I wish Firefox/Adblock plus
existed for the iPad. There are a couple alternative browsers (Atomic,
Mercury) that offer ad blocking, fortunately. I think there's a cydia
plug-in/hack for mobile safari too, that ads adblocking.

FWIW
-Ed