Re: [OM] OT) OPR restoration

Subject: Re: [OM] OT) OPR restoration
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 16:42:09 -0700
On 7/27/2011 9:02 AM, Paul Laughlin wrote:
> Hey Chuck, I went along with that Operation Photo Rescued thing.  Posted
> the first one yesterday and it was accepted.   I am learning some new
> approaches from the tutorials that they have on the forum.
> I put copies of the original and the result on pbase.  The original is
> here and the next one is the final result:
> <http://www.pbase.com/pelaughlin/image/136759389>
> Not completely happy with it, but considering what there was to work
> with, I guess it came out ok.
> I was unsure as what to do for the pants that were obliterated, but in
> the end I just went shopping at the online dry goods market. LOL  Could
> be a copyright violation, I guess, but I am not going to worry about it. VBG

The recreation of the damaged parts is pretty good. Except for the hands, which
I would probably have painted in worse
than you did :-) , and some random artifacts, esp. on dad's left hand.

What I don't understand is why you messed so much with the undamaged parts,
especially the people. It seems to me that
the family who are the subjects are the primary point of the restoration. Make
the family look as good as possible -
make all the background stuff look good enough that it doesn't distract.

There's a great deal that can be done to make them look better. I've taken a
stab at it.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Laughlin/woodmore.htm>

The large size of the original doesn't lend itself to overlay display, so I did
both a reduced version of the whole
thing and a crop using the full size you made available.

Restorative Moose