Re: [OM] IMG: Cutter Details

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Cutter Details
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 09:25:32 -0400
Not all of those lines are shown on charts as they're supposed to be.
Most helicopter pilots wouldn't be flying at low altitude out in a
mountainous, forested area but he was on a drug raid.  That's why he
ended up close to the lines.  His charts didn't indicate that they
existed.  They were also supposed to have orange marking balls.  They
didn't.  The support towers were also largely hidden in the trees.  He
saw the lower set of lines but was climbing up and into the sun and
never saw the second set until it was too late.

Chuck Norcutt