Re: [OM] What happens when your cable cutters don't work

Subject: Re: [OM] What happens when your cable cutters don't work
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 10:32:22 -0500
Chuck,

The FAA standards can be very frustrating.  After a serious bout with
endocarditis in 1993, I received two mechanical heart valves.  When I
enquired about regaining my medical certificate, the FAA told me that I
could apply, but they had never issued one to anyone with two artificial
devices.  Because of that, and my wife's reservations about my resuming
flying activity, I gave up something I had enjoyed for many years.  Eighteen
years later, the valves are still doing fine.

I am glad that Scott was able to find a way to continue flying.  I still
visit the airport, to keep in touch, but I still feel the frustration.  Just
photographing the wonderful machines gives me some feeling of
accomplishment.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA