Re: [OM] [OT] Win XP networking advice needed

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Win XP networking advice needed
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 10:53:18 +0930
Chuck,

If the IPs are hard-set in the network settings, the release/renew won't
work. The ipconfig output confirms all the basic connectivity - given
that you can do stuff, it suggests that the media is up.

You could also try to 'add a network place' (under 'my network places')
or 'map a network drive' (under 'my computer') on one machine to a
share on the other, once the dialog is open try the browse button. or
(say you're on .2) in the server field type "\\192.168.x.3\Share"

davidt