Re: [OM] (OT) XP Printer advice.

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) XP Printer advice.
From: WayneS <olympus@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 09:50:47 -0400
I mentioned the login/authentification issue as being the most likely issue, as
the network seems to be up and running. So the question as to whether the login
has changed or was the laptop was used to connect during travel? Most of my
issues have been security issues that deny access, either by firewall, login
passwords or other authentication problems. The Name resolution conflict from
running diagnostics is also curious (hence suggested arp -a command check).

Suggest you check the passwords and shut off firewall temporarily to try to
isolate the problem. Check the network access policies with gpedit.msc on both
machines. And sometimes, even though you change settings, like file and print
setting, they don't take affect until a reboot, (unless you know what service
to stop and restart).

Wayne