Re: [OM] Who uses a Bogen/Manfrotto 410/3275 geared head?

Subject: Re: [OM] Who uses a Bogen/Manfrotto 410/3275 geared head?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 10:43:52 +0100
I have a 410 (acquired here), and it was Walt who used the Cullman QR head.
As in the replies from Moose and Jez, you could use the dual screws on the
Manfrotto plate to fix a Cullman (or whatever) QR head semi-permanently,
using the smaller QR plate for everyday stuff.  Although I did some research
with Walt to work out precisely which Cullman device he used, because the
catalogue numbers differ in Europe, just as with Manfrotto, (you have it
nailed down) I never found the need to not use the Manfrotto head and
plates. The plates are surprisingly cheap, and they fit the baseplate of the
E-thingy battery pack quite well, as also the tripod feet of the various
telephotos, bellows and the 65-116 extension tube. I suggest you suck it and
see, Chuck.

By the way, I have never noticed any jerkiness, nor stiffness at the end of
travel on my 410. But then, I did buy it here...

Piers