Re: [OM] Who uses a Bogen/Manfrotto 410/3275 geared head?

Subject: Re: [OM] Who uses a Bogen/Manfrotto 410/3275 geared head?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 08:25:51 -0400
Finger tight is good enough for this small, Manfrotto anti-twist QR
plate that is part of the RC2 QR system.  See underside on other images.
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/554160-REG/Manfrotto_200PLARCH_14_200PLARCH_14_Architectural_Anti_Twist_Quick.html>

I had several of these plates without the anti-twist device and they
worked fine as long as the camera wasn't in portrait orientation with a
heavy lens.  But I recently bought 3 of these anti-twist plates and they
work quite well... again only finger tight.  The three plates live on
two camera bodies and my 80-200/2.8 which has a tripod mount.

But buying the Manfrotto geared head has thrown a monkey wrench into the
works since there are no anti-twist plates.  I may well convert one of
my two 410 plates to use the RC2 system to regain my smaller and
anti-twist plates.
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/554141-REG/Manfrotto_323_323_RC2_System_Quick.html>

Chuck Norcutt