Re: [OM] ZX-1 or G12

Subject: Re: [OM] ZX-1 or G12
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 08:29:23 +1000
Yes. I shot the G12, XZ-1 and Canon S95 side by side for a week, as Wayne H.
knows to his cost.
You'll like the adjustment ring, although the S95 has a better routine with its
'Ring Function' button.
Note that XZ is still f2.5 at the tele end, great for portraits.
The G12 handled mixes indoor lighting better - better skin tones in auto WB.
I could see no difference in in image quality in a perfect conditions test -
colourful tattoo parlour sign across the street at full tele, on a 'pod,
100iso, f5.6. A 100% crop from a point halfway between centre and edge showed
equal sharpness. The G12 was a slightly more contrasty and the XZ a bit warmer
in colour.
The xz was easier to use in A mode and Manual
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx