Re: [OM] (OT) XP Printer advice.

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) XP Printer advice.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 18:43:49 -0700
On 7/31/2011 6:14 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Yes, I disabled both Windows firewalls to no effect.  And, of course,
> the Windows firewalls had no part in the Linux test which also showed no
> difference from the Windows test.
>
> I think I have a crossover cable somewhere around here but I'll be hard
> pressed to find it.
>
> I did suddenly realize sometime today that the wireless adapter is a
> separate piece of hardware from the Ethernet adapter.  So I did try the
> wireless connection... with exactly the same results as the wired
> connection.

When it gets this crazy, well sooner than this has gone - I tend to delete all
the networks and settings in Windoze,
reset all security settings in firewall, etc. to default, reset all router
settings to default, and start again from
scratch. New network, with new name, and so on.

Not exactly the same problem, but I had a really recalcitrant problem some time
ago, and just starting over resulted in
a working network, file sharing, etc.

Moose