Re: [OM] ZX-1 or G12

Subject: Re: [OM] ZX-1 or G12
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 06:13:54 +0100
Thanks a lot, chum. I suppose it's down to personal preference, then.  And
that I already have an external flash for the G12.

Chris

On Sunday, 31 July 2011, Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes. I shot the G12, XZ-1 and Canon S95 side by side for a week, as Wayne
H. knows to his cost.
> You'll like the adjustment ring, although the S95 has a better routine
with its 'Ring Function' button.
> Note that XZ is still f2.5 at the tele end, great for portraits.
> The G12 handled mixes indoor lighting better - better skin tones in auto
WB.
> I could see no difference in in image quality in a perfect conditions test
- colourful tattoo parlour sign across the street at full tele, on a 'pod,
100iso, f5.6. A 100% crop from a point halfway between centre and edge
showed equal sharpness. The G12 was a slightly more contrasty and the XZ a
bit warmer in colour.