Re: [OM] ZX-1 or G12

Subject: Re: [OM] ZX-1 or G12
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 11:16:57 -0700
On 8/1/2011 7:19 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
> Chris, we all know that you want that X100.

Huh?

Such a completely different beast than the two mentioned. Much bigger, heavier
and more expensive.

Trades those characteristics and the large sensor for a fixed, single focal
length lens. You are also paying a lot, in
all three ways, for a unique viewing system that will only appeal to
rangefinder folks. I rather like LCDs and love
articulated ones.

I'm very happy with the G11, and would be unhappy with the X100. Too big for
pocket or belt, short of features I would
require in something that big and heavy. µ4/3 makes little sense to me, as the
lenses I would want to use render it
unpocket/beltable, but at least it does have interchangeable lenses, both fixed
and zoom. I would certainly go that way
before an X100.

A. Contrary Moose