[OM] [IMG] Got to play today

Subject: [OM] [IMG] Got to play today
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 17:08:19 -0700 (PDT)
I haven't used my camera in months, but today on the way to the grocery store I
turned around to get it.

I have been waiting for clouds like the ones behind the lighthouse on the
pictures below to show up for years.  It never happens, I saw them once in 2005
and have been waiting since.  For some reason, in that direction they always
appear flat.  I declare success, too bad it was in the middle of the day...

When I got back, the GIMP didnt want to open my RAW files, so I went to Ubuntu
SW center and realized that there were so many plug-ins that I could install.
Once I did, I got to play...Oh, all these new buttons to press...:)

Here is the result:

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j54/alienspecimen/On%20a%20way%20to%20the%20grocery%20store/

Not sayin' that these are the final versions, just sayin' that I got to play
with new buttons which brought out new colors...:)  BTW, I know that in three
of the pixies the lighthouse is leaning forward, but bear with me-picture it
straight up...thats right, certain dynamics are lost and between the colors and
the composition, the pictures now really suck...:)

Anywho, just wanted to brag about the fact that I was finally able to pick a
camera and really enjoyed it.

Boris

P.S.  I had a polarizer on the lens for the first image and there was
vignetting in the upper left corner only.  How would that happen?  How come
that it didnt affect all corners?