Re: [OM] XP networking - it was the @$%^* router after all

Subject: Re: [OM] XP networking - it was the @$%^* router after all
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 12:07:37 -0500
> Interesting, Ken.  Am I right in thinking that a "halo ground" is just
> something to soak up the charge, or is it connected to the ground?

Connected. Same with any Faraday Cages for RF shielding.

In the telco industry, we almost exclusively use halo grounding to
protect our equipment rooms. I've got an industry "best practices"
guide which is probably about 600 pages long on how to do this stuff.
I'm pretty well convinced that I'm going to retrofit my next house to
this standard.

Which is another story... Went to make our offer on a house which had
been on the market for 247 days (short duration for that town) and
found out that somebody beat us by one day.

AG