Re: [OM] XP networking - it was the @$%^* router after all

Subject: Re: [OM] XP networking - it was the @$%^* router after all
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 15:17:19 -0700
Yeah, but there was some trade offs.  The B-52 was  quieter and the
missions were shorter.  The B36 was loud with those six 4360 radials
cranking and the standard mission was 24 hours.  There was more room to
work in the B-36.  If the Bombing Navigation system kept on working, all
I had to do was sleep and look out the nose.  The scenery was not that
much above 30,000 feet.LOL
I was in the second Bomb Wing to transition from the B-36 to the B-52.
Later I was assigned to the B-58 Test Force at Carswell AFB, Texas as a
Bomb Nav tech.  Those bombing navigation systems were analog computers
and were a long way from maintenance free. LOL
Paul in Portland OR