[OM] IMG: Butterfly on Cosmos

Subject: [OM] IMG: Butterfly on Cosmos
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 19:33:44 -0400 (EDT)
Very nice shot.  I just like it. The Painted Lady has four spots that
should be visible in that pose, but  the American Lady sure does look
similar.  Dean is a super bug blinder and Walt was superb too.

http://www.millennics.com/olympus/tope/tope_show_entry.php?event=8&pic=5

Agree that a bit of fill flash or sun can make the wing colors pop and
low angle lighting can bring out the texture.
I recall hanging out about 15min for the  below Monarch to land again
turn  wings into the late afternoon sun.

http://www.olyendomike.com/Other/Macro-2010/12031654_kFQEi#1175882865_c4Ptf-L-LB

A recent Cockamamie project has been to use remote fired flash bulb in
FP mode for such a situation.  It will sync at any speed and is fired
about 20 msec before the first curtain.

I can get my ye old FB bracket to start the burn on an OM2N but not
with the  yabe radioslaves or my OM-2.   With Tim's help I am replacing
the capacitor with a new
  4700 uF  and we'll see if it is less fussy.  Still the GN is a
f(shutter speed) and have to account for light loss from extension, so
it had better be a patient critter.
I may get an adapter for smaller FB's as the Big Berthas are massive
overkill and will likely irritate my B'fly visitors.

Bfly's Beware, Mike