Re: [OM] IMG: Butterfly on Cosmos

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Butterfly on Cosmos
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 20:08:06 -0400
How about an LED flash light as a constant light source.  I bought 8
little ones at Harbor Freight last week because they were so cheap I
couldn't pass them by.  I had a sale coupon for $3.49 per pair but the
cashier told me to put my coupon away.  They were on sale that day for
$2.00 pair.

They're about 3-1/2" long by 1" diamter, have an anodized aluminum case,
an array of 9 LEDs and 3 AAA batteries.  Heck, I couldn't even buy 6 AAA
batteries for $2.00 let alone get them packaged inside a flashlight.
They're so bright I can't stand to look into the light for more than a
second or two.  One or two of these behind a small diffuser should throw
a lot of light on a small subject.

Of course, I don't know what you do about the color temperature.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt