Re: [OM] IMG: Butterfly on Cosmos

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Butterfly on Cosmos
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 16:57:27 +1000
We've been using these to paint with light in studio - a friend of mine is into
that trick, sometimes with naked ladies. They are very bright and the light is
a cool white. But compared to studio flashes and 1000W floods they are still
dim. They should work well for macro, viz. the Oly PEN Macro light set. Should
be simple to make up a rig to hold 4 around a lens.
Soon we will be seeing cheap studio constant lights, LED panels with adjustable
temp. - 3K to 5K - at a good price. They are still pricey and weakish but the
price is dropping fast.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx