Re: [OM] (OM) Totally OT - Climate Change (Andrew Fildes)

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Totally OT - Climate Change (Andrew Fildes)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 16:51:50 -0400
Actually, I don't see much of anything missing.  I thought originally
that the pool of water was setting on top of glacial melt and it looked
like the level had dropped considerably.  However, I cut the two images
apart, loaded them in PhotoShop and then rescaled them until I got a
reasonable fit on the mountain tops.  You can't get an exact fit since
the photos are taken from different points.  But, when you fit the
mountain peaks together both vertically and horizontally and vary the
opacity to see through the top image the two water pools pretty much end
up on top of each other.  So, no, I don't see much on anything missing.

However, even if your image were to display some glacial melt (and I'm
sure some of it is occurring there) it has absolutely nothing to do with
Andrew's concerns about Kiribati and Tuvalu.  The Pacific there is
rising at about 2mm/year and has been doing so for many, many years.
Yet these islands are growing in land area.  They are not being
submerged by the sea.  See the link I posted in my reply.

ps:  The "models" say lots of things.  But show me one that can make a
correct hindcast of the last 30 years let alone a forecast of the next
100 years.  No model ever predicted the lack of any statistically
significant warming which has been the case since about 1998.  Can't do
even 10 years?  Why should I believe 100?

Chuck Norcutt