Re: [OM] (OM) Totally OT - Climate Change

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Totally OT - Climate Change
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 19:18:15 -0400
Is that the claim?  That the aircraft were grounded due to ash from the
eruption of Eyjafjallajökull?  If so then I don't know how you separate
the effect of the ash cloud (which also contains massive amounts of CO2)
from changes in emissions from reduced flying.

Furthermore, I'll still bet that measuring the effect on global
temperature is extraordinarily difficult and, in particular, assigning
responsibility to the two different parts of the equation.  I'm still
willing to give 30 days to find a reputable citation.

Chuck Norcutt