Re: [OM] (OM) Totally OT - Climate Change

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Totally OT - Climate Change
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 20:52:24 -0400
You're right.  I jumped unjustifiably to a conclusion.  And it had
nothing to do with chaos theory or with climate models which deal in
decades, not days.  It's just the understanding that temperature
measurement over a very large geographic area is frought with trouble
and over the whole earth even more so.

As your own link points out no one can yet agree whether the observed
temperature variation is due to the grounding of flights and the effect
on contrails/clouds (little understood) or random variation.  It's
statistically within the realm of normal variability.

I'm calm.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt