Re: [OM] (OM) Totally OT - Climate Change

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Totally OT - Climate Change
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 21:27:50 -0400
No one can conclusively disprove (or prove) that which is within the
range of normal statistical variation.  Therein lies the argument.  And
I don't disagree with the fact that the earth is growing warmer.  Well,
up until 1998 at least.  After that it's back into the statistical cloud
and one could just as easily say that it's been cooling slightly.  In
fact, given the sun's strange behavior the past several years some are
even concerned it might get a lot cooler.

My only disagreement is with the claim that the warming is
anthropogenically caused.  IMHO, that is very far from proven.  The only
"proof" is that the modelers say that's the only way their models can
reproduce the observed warning.  I've already made it known what I think
about models.

Chuck Norcutt