Re: [OM] [OT][IMG]Someone elses images

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT][IMG]Someone elses images
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 10:36:37 -0400
Yep. Right where I thought it was. I plugged your coordinates into The
Photographers Ephemeris, and it took me right to the spot to confirm. Now
plugged into the software so I'll be ready when I go up. As Ken pointed out
before, you can get the azimuths for sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset.
Also at any time of the day or night. It's a freaking must-have for outdoor
shooters. You can finally know when is exactly the right time to be where you
want to be rather than do what I've done in the past, which is guess, and get
there at 4 a.m. to find out you were 45 degrees off.

I used TPE for the HDR shot of Round Pond Harbor I posted the other day.

http://www.bobwhitmire.com/roundpond.html

TPE showed me the moon was going to rise nearly at the center of the mouth of
the harbor, coming up over Loud's Island. I checked my maps, set up
accordingly, and was waiting with D3 at the ready when Old Man Moon put in his
appearance.

--Bob