[OM] [OT][IMG]Someone elses images

Subject: [OM] [OT][IMG]Someone elses images
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 15:02:48 -0400 (EDT)
Pre Plug-in  days recall a technique with "slide sandwhich" to achieve
a glow.  I think it worked well for some macro shots--and others.
Overexpose 1st image by 2 stops at F16 or22--seemed to work  best with
medium toned subjects.  Second image wide open
and defocus.--overexpose by one stop.  Remount slides  together in GEPE
glassless slide mount.

Tried a  home brew digital equivalent with modest success.  Suspect
there are many Plug-ins that  take the work out of it but the former
analogue technique has its charm and somehow is more fun.

Bob's images seem to be cooked to perfection, IMO and not overdone.
Tough for me to get right.

Sometimes Analog, Mike

One of the paths I've been following is applying some portrait effects
landscapes. Subtle glows and such. Sometimes it works very well.
Sometimes it
turns the image to crap. <g>

--Bob