Re: [OM] a paean to the OM cameras (the good ones, anyway)

Subject: Re: [OM] a paean to the OM cameras (the good ones, anyway)
From: "Jeff Keller" <om-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 17:08:34 -0700
When digital can no longer make significant improvements because of the
physics, refinement will take place. We might not see an E620 with a 5Dii
sensor in it but I think smaller will be the trend. The progress will
probably be driven by digicams and phones rather still photography cameras
though.

Plastic is probably here to stay. Maybe Leica or a similar company will have
a more lasting frame but I wouldn't count on the electronics lasting long
enough that we'll ever see working 40 year old digital cameras like the OM
is for film.

Jeff