Re: [OM] Building a new home

Subject: Re: [OM] Building a new home
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 23:03:35 +1200
New Zealand has a plague of damp houses, a legacy of a Green movement
which saw new building standards imposed which flew in the face of what
professional scientists and timber experts knew.

As a result, there is a new fungus hazard in some homes
Stachybotrys chartarum ; see
http://www.level.org.nz/health-and-safety/mould/
 and probably many other papers.

The Leaky Building syndrome is going to cost this country dearly for
decades. A legacy of stupid politicians and crooked builders.

And on the subject of stupid politicians and what they put in place, I am
doing well at transcribing the MP3 record of Monckton and Leighton Smith.

See www.brianswale.com.climate-change/m1.htm

It's amazing what good will and co-operation there exists in the world.
Monckton recited from memory a crucial extract from a 1906 paper written
in a German-language journal by a Swedish scientist. This paper can NOT
be found on the internet- at least not easily. I wanted to quote him exactly in
my record.
I did however, find, in a physics blog, a record of a Swedish professor who
had this paper amongst his references. And his e-mail address was there!

I wrote to him and asked him if he could arrange for somebody to scan the
paper for me. He did it for me himself and now I have it in the form of a pdf
file; within a week.

Of course I thanked him, but I'd like to find some tangible way as well.

The quote is in the first of the pages of the URL above ..

Amazing ...

Brian Swale.