Re: [OM] a paean to the OM cameras (the good ones, anyway)

Subject: Re: [OM] a paean to the OM cameras (the good ones, anyway)
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 09:56:25 -0500
> Last week was odd.  Got 2 - pristine M-1 in for overhaul on the same day
> from 2 different owners.

As 2011 is the Silver Anniversery of the Silver-Nosed One of having
purchased the OM-2S, I've been contemplating sending it to John for a
final overhaul. Unfortunately, it will probably enter semi-retirement
as static display in the living room. It's been a good ride and I've
got serious misgivings about taking it out of rotation, but it does
need an overhaul to be kept in mainline use. Mainline use, though, is
a problem since I've been migrating more to the OM-4T/3Ti way of
metering.

I really hate leaving it with worn belts and old sparkplugs. It would
be nice having it brought back up to fully reliable and operational
status. (the ISO knob is flaky again). Overhauled would make it a
perfectly grabable camera any time I need it. But it remains my
photographic friend, the camera that accompanied me on this entire
journey.

What is the concensus of the list?

AG