[OM] mount mod: nikon/canon to OM--now Fill Flash on OM

Subject: [OM] mount mod: nikon/canon to OM--now Fill Flash on OM
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 21:19:41 -0400 (EDT)
     I've been on this list for less than an hour and I've already
learned
something.  I'd spent all sorts of time and energy looking for low-power
flashes and resorted to a pair of T-20s with diffusers.  And I always
have
an ND-2 and ND-4 with me.  Duh!!

Chris

I  remember a full page treatise on this subject by Dr. Flash in 2006.
Many diffusers cover up the "O" on the Olympus on the front of the T20
--if the case normal "auto" with the thyristor won't work and have to
use manual mode. (Dr. Flash's preferred mode)
Also good to remember the flash must punch through the ND filter
too--so if use auto (quite good for fill at usual distances)  and want
2 stops less for the fill assuming a 2 stop ND filter--use the same
f-stop on the auto setting as ambient f-stop.

Student of Dr. Flash, Mike