Re: [OM] Moving - Jusy shoot me now.

Subject: Re: [OM] Moving - Jusy shoot me now.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 12:20:02 -0700
On 8/18/2011 11:05 AM, Chris Barker wrote:
> Good luck, Ken.

Indeed, Indeed!

> I hate moving; we've done it 17 times, and I think that once more will be the
> last, if at all.

Oy! If one counts the move out of my parents' house into an apartment as number
one, I've moved three times in 5 decades.

1. Parents' house to apartment. Almost no effort, as I didn't own much of
anything.

2. A mile up the hill, less as the crow flies, from one and only apartment to
small house. Still didn't own much.

3. Across the street and up two houses, maybe 120 feet, garage to garage. That
was the hard one. I'd accumulated a lot
of stuff by then. We hired movers for the big stuff, and carried a lot
ourselves. Both we and the movers found it
awkward. Even a modest uphill climb wears one out quickly carrying stuff over
and over again, but packing and unpacking
seems silly. For the big stuff, they piled it in a truck, drove up a few yards,
then carried it into the new house.

Been here over 30 years now, and don't see another move anytime soon. :-)
Leaving feet first doesn't sound like the
worst thing that could happen - - eventually. ;-)

I've yet to find anyplace I'd rather live, but it could happen. I assume trips
in what my younger granddaughter calls
our 'housecar' doesn't count.

Moose