Re: [OM] You can't buy entertainment like this

Subject: Re: [OM] You can't buy entertainment like this
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 17:19:27 -0700
On 8/18/2011 5:02 PM, Chris Trask wrote:
>> A man in Waterloo Iowa has been arrested for trying to pawn off items to a
>> pawn shop which he stole FROM that pawn shop.
>>
>> And we allow people like this to vote.

Not if they have been convicted of a felony.

> He HAS to be related to the fellow who tried to hold up a gun shop in
> Baltimore years ago.

I'm sure I've told this before . . .

I used to work near a slightly seedy looking bar/restaurant in a seedy looking
area. We'd have lunch there occasionally.
Nice quiet place at lunch, decent food, but obviously, from the stuff on the
walls, a cop hang out at night. Not far
from the police HQ.

One night, a guy with a ski mask on stuck his nose in the front door at the
same time the sound of a gun being cocked
came from the kitchen door. There was a massive noise as many guns were
withdrawn from holsters and readied to fire. If
that guy had come in with gun raised, there would have been little left of him.
Fortunately, he realized he was making a
mistake and took to his heels. Didn't help, but at least he was still alive.
Both were, of course, caught.

Lesson: if you must hold up bars, case them first.

Lessons From A Moose