Re: [OM] mount mod: nikon/canon to OM

Subject: Re: [OM] mount mod: nikon/canon to OM
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 12:50:02 -0700

> Register distances in mm - M42, 4/3, Micro 4/3
>
> |------------M42-45.46------------------------>|
> |
> |------------4/3-38.58----------------->|<6.88>|
> |
> |------Micro-4/3-20->|<-----------25.46------->|
>

> According to the specs I have, both of you should be having some
> difficulty getting to infinity.  There seems to be some confusion
> whether the M42 register distance is 45.46mm or 45.50mm but, in any
> case, the difference between the 4/3 and M42 doesn't quite reach 7mm and
> certainly not 8mm.

    Which is presently the case with my M42 to OM 4/3 adapter, which is
8.0mm thick.  I did this test earlier without the M42 T4 adapter installed
while designing the T4 to OM 4/3 adapter (which I never made).  Now I've
done the same test to determine the needed distance between the M42 T4
adapter base and the E-500 mounting surface.  If I had done this test
earlier I would have already put that useless M42 to OM 4/3 adapter on the
screw lathe and turned it down to the needed flange-to-flange thickness.

Chris