Re: [OM] (OM) Image loss on Hard Drive

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Image loss on Hard Drive
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 06:04:50 +0100
Brian

Chuck might be right.

And if you keep the bare drives, you could use one of those (relatively
inexpensive) drive docks to access it every now and then.  I have a (relatively
expensive) Firewire one, but my wife's Mac Mini uses a USB one like this:

<http://www.amazon.com/Kingwin-2-5-Inc-3-5-Inch-Docking-DM-2535U/dp/B004PKE0J8/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1313989210&sr=8-13>

I couldn't find a NZ Amazon, but the picture and price should be indicative,
wherever you buy one.

As for disappearing files.  I generally find that I have deleted files that I
can't find.  But I do do find them on my backups (3 x).  You could use a new,
bare, drive in the dock as a backup system -- as recommended by Moose some time
ago . . .

Chris