Re: [OM] (OM) Image loss on Hard Drive

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Image loss on Hard Drive
From: Jez Cunningham <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 09:04:35 +0200
Brian,

A few things are worth commenting:

- you said you had put copies in a Favourites folder?  Did you lose the
original and the copy?  If so it indicates that maybe you didn't make a copy
but made a 'link' in the Favourites folder back to the original.

- do a thorough search (using Google or Windows search) of your hard-drive
for the missing files.  You could even search for all *.jpg (or whatever
format) and any you find outside the usual folders need looking into.  It's
easy to accidentally drag-and-drop onto the wrong folder, or save into the
wrong location.

- have a look in the Recycle bin, if they were 'deleted' (rather than
corrupted/lost) they'll be in there.  Unless you actively manage emptying
the bin, but that defeats the object of having a bin.

- you absolutely MUST sort out a backup strategy!

Good luck!
Jez