[OM] (OM) Competition

Subject: [OM] (OM) Competition
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 18:27:35 -0400 (EDT)
If adding oomph would worsen the blown highlights - I'll save it for
another
day.

Recall a Maestro Moose comment that not all adjustments need improve
the image.  Making room for LCE  by pre-adjustment is one of them.
Can trim the exposure, add LCE and readjust with levels, curves or
brightness.  I have read that brightness in PS will not cause clipping,
but don't see how that would be if it just adds to the RGB level
equally.  Gamma re-distributes the histo within the tonal range--I
think equivalent to moving the midtone slider.   That will not cause
clipping of course.  The PP gurus will correct me if there is an error.
I think the JPEG engines on E-thingies pretty well extract all the DR
of the image, so I suspect highlight recovery of the RAW file may not
yield
too much.

I did enjoy the images, BTW--thanks for posting.

Trying to pay attention, Mike