Re: [OM] IMG: More from the Airport

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: More from the Airport
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 08:43:09 +0100
Ken's idea seems best.

The RAF is reducing its use of port and starboard, which is a shame.  It
appears that our US military allies can't use the terms and we have followed
them with terms such as "echelon left" instead of "echelon port".

We have also changed our formation fuel calls from Bingo 1 and 2 (planned fuel
levels) and Joker (fuel low better head home by the planned route) and Chicken
(fuel very low, need to go home by the most direct and economical route); we
now use Joker 1 and 2 (planned fuel) and Bingo (gozome now).  In addition, we
no longer "waggle" our wings but "rock" them.  These are large changes, and
they p me off a little.

*Sigh* ;-)

Chris