Re: [OM] IMG: More from the Airport

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: More from the Airport
From: "Walters, Martin" <Martin.Walters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 13:20:05 -0400
There are a number of two-seat P51s, including some that are dual stick.
Some are in the US - Stallion 51
(http://www.stallion51.com/index.shtml), for example. So, you could do
more than dream! Probably need to sell lots of big prints as I believe
flights run in the $2K and upwards range.

As Chris noted, there are no airworthy Mosquitos, though there are a
couple of full restoration projects underway (slowly). The Kermit Weeks
Mossie in Florida is no longer flyable due to delamination of parts of
the wood structure, I've read.

I remember seeing them fly in the 1960s in the UK. At the time, the RAF
had a squadron of target tugs based in the Bristol area (can't remember
the airport). Also remember vaguely a display at a Biggin Hill BoB show,
again mid-60s, which was probably the BAE one that crashed a few years
ago.

Martin