Re: [OM] Titanic, was More from the Airport

Subject: Re: [OM] Titanic, was More from the Airport
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 09:59:09 -0500
> I have no information on the U2 flight envelope, but, given its cruising
> altitude, I suspect what you say is correct.

I thought that at max operating altitude it was more like 5 knots
depending on fuel load and payload.

Those pilots had to be extremely careful about their weight. Once a
pressure suit was fitted, they can't gain or lose any weight, nor
change their excercise methods or habits. Pretty stringent. If they
gained, the suit would squeeze the snot out of them.

AG