[OM] An Interesting Lens

Subject: [OM] An Interesting Lens
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 19:20:15 -0400 (EDT)
On 8/26/2011 2:29 PM, Chris Trask wrote:
>> Early last week I was browsing through eBay for wide-to-telephoto
>> lenses
>> when I came across a curious item which arrived in the mail this
morning.
>> It's a Hoya (yes, Hoya) 35-105mm f/3.5 macro that features constant
>> aperture. The feature that attracted me was the separate zoom and
focus
>> controls, which I have found to be highly desirable.

Yes,
Interesting lens. Did you come across any links to info on it? I recall
CH saying the Z. 75-150 is one of the easiest to focus
despite the F4 aperture. Chuck likes his Kiron better--never have seen
any comparison data. Two touch zooms can be nicer to use.
I stopped using my Z. 75-150 very often after I got a Z. 85 f2 from
Jaap Korten though it is a nice portrait lens.

I couldn't resist snipping after a CZ 35-70 F3.4 zoom ---it goes to
1:2.5 at the short end for macro. It is ergonomically a pain to use as
a one touch zoom and is a bit of a dust pump it seems. It is very very
sharp stopped down for landscapes with "biting microcontrast."

http://www.16-9.net/lens_tests/35mm_test.html

Mike