[OM] IMG: More Insect Images

Subject: [OM] IMG: More Insect Images
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 22:04:47 -0400 (EDT)
Enjoyed that shot of the skipper.  Some seem to be plain Janes but
there are some interesting ones too.  Bob is right--Monarchs out in
force here today too---perhaps fueling up to brave Irene.
In fact it was b'flies out to wazoo in our back garden.  I had planed
to just check out my just arrived CV 90/3.5 on the 4T for a few minutes
but after a few macro shots on tripod
couldn't resist chasing the critters.   The sun came out for 30min or
so.  Shot out a roll  of Ektar.  Monarchs were not cooperating but
there were also Black Swallowtails, Silver-Bordered fritillaries, Great
Spangled Fritillaries
and one red-spotted purple.  The Viv S1 90 macro seems a tad easier to
focus quickly by leaning for this job.  We'll see if anything is worth
keeping.

 It is now coming down in buckets and
tomorrow will definitely not be a B'fly day.

Battening down the hatches, Mike