[OM] IMG Buzzzzz [cf: insects on flowers and spiders]

Subject: [OM] IMG Buzzzzz [cf: insects on flowers and spiders]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 20:48:22 -0700
On 8/28/2011 6:41 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
> That's a very neat setup, Mark.  I have a Pentax M42 bellows, which I have
> used on my E-1 and E-510, but don't have  a real bellows lens, or the flash
> capability.

Last week, I had occasion to wander in a lovely garden near Philo, CA and chat
briefly with a fellow carrying a huge
macro setup, Canon 1D-something, huge lens with two headed macro flash on the
front. He said he was shooting bees, that
there were several species in the garden. I didn't see him take any actual
shots with that gear, although he took some
overall shots with a G11.

I often take pics of insects on flowers, and made a little extra effort then.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=California/Sonoma_Mendocino_Coast/River_Bend&image=_MG_2879croof20.jpg>
and
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=California/Sonoma_Mendocino_Coast/River_Bend&image=_MG_2880cr2oof30.jpg>

I find it hard to imagine that he is getting anything better with his huge
setup handheld with live subjects. My gear
was simply 60D, Tamron 60-300 and sunlight.

You don't necessarily need fancy gear, just the right gear, which is sometimes
simple. I only took four shots to get
those two.

Minimalist Moose