Re: [OM] UPS mea culpa, mea culpa, was: Irene

Subject: Re: [OM] UPS mea culpa, mea culpa, was: Irene
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 09:22:23 -0400
After posting that I decided that I should *actually* go RTFM but
couldn't find it.  So I got on APC's web site and downloaded the PDF.  I
have a file drawer full of user's manuals and purchase/warranty
documents and like to keep printed copies there.  Unfortunately, the PDF
is designed to print on 11x17 paper.  A page should fit on two sheets of
8-1/2x11 in landscape mode.  I selected "tile all pages" but the PDF
print routine wanted to "tile" it onto 4 sheets of 8-1/2x11 which I
didn't want to do.

It took me a while to figure out that it can be done by changing the
tile percentage from 100% to 96% which is the "just fits" on two pages
in landscape number.  At 97% it goes to 4 pages vs 2.  Warning:  One
must select some other control on that page to get it to recognize that
you've changed the percentage.  If you press enter it will recognize the
change but immediately print without giving you a chance to preview the
result.

Chuck Norcutt