Re: [OM] IMG: Insects on Flowers

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Insects on Flowers
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 11:20:28 -0400
ACR came about with release 7.0.1.  IIRC, the LE versions were
equivalent to today's PhotoShop Elements.  The current version of
Elements is 9.0 and includes ACR.  It can be had discounted directly
from Adobe for $79.99.  You can get a 30-day trial version for free.
Caution: large download, about 1.5GB or more.  One can probably buy
backlevels cheaper but must be cautious to choose a version new enough
that it supports your particular camera.  Adobe does not offer upgrades
to ACR alone.  If you buy a new camera not supported by the existing
version of ACR you must upgrade your level of PhotoShop or else use
Adobe's DNG converter on your raw files first.  DNG is Adobe's own raw
file format.  The offer a free converter from the proprietary camera
format to DNG.  Once in DNG format any version of ACR can work on it.
At least those announced after the introduction of the DNG format.  I
don't recall when that happened.

Chuck Norcutt