Re: [OM] OT:Mustang overhead

Subject: Re: [OM] OT:Mustang overhead
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 19:23:19 +0100
John

Yes, while they're airborne.  The rules arose from the dreadful accident at
Ramstein, I believe, about 30 years ago.  That was when the Frecce Tricolore
managed to kill quite a few of the crowd because their midair took place while
they were moving towards the crowd (as I recall).  Now you may fly no closer to
the crowd than 100m if you are tending in their direction, 50m if flying
parallel with the crowd line.  I'm not an expert, but those are the rules which
I applied -- more or less.

There was a RCAF Aurora at the show.  It was very good to have them there, but
I didn't take many photos as their rules seemed to be quite a bit more strict
than the 100m rule.  They were about 1km away from the crowd.

Double Diamond, John?  Don't tell me that you saw any while you were in the UK.

Chris