[OM] Irene

Subject: [OM] Irene
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 19:20:14 -0400 (EDT)
You OK Chuck? Wet basement, downed power lines, no Sunday paper
delivery......?

Downed lines here, though our services are underground for the last 1/2
mile.  We lost power early yesterday morning.  UPS on router, FIOS box
backup battery, lap top all drained.
Fridge becoming marginal and not opened.  National Grid web site was
jammed and poorly updated   but implies many will not see power until
this weekend.  Called home to check  ans machine--power on!!  Removed
most of the branches yesterday late and this AM.
Hooray.  Others will have more digging out and longer wait.
Fortunately have a gas stove and pilot on hot H20 heater.  It was worse
during the ice storm when the house got to 50 deg though could put the
food outside in the cooler.  Our cat definitely votes for summer
outages.  Way behind checking on  list.

Mike in S. Hamilton, MA