Re: [OM] (OM) OM4 shutter speed ring stiff to turn

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OM4 shutter speed ring stiff to turn
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 02:25:33 -0700
On 8/30/2011 1:52 AM, Brian Swale wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an OM4 of which the shutter speed ring is excessively stiff to turn.
>
> Is there a simple safe way for me to lubricate it myself, and what might that
> be?  TIA.

Are you good at taking apart small mechanisms without letting parts get away
and noting how it all has to go back
together? If not, you may not want to try it.

I seem to recall that there is a spring and ball bearing detent mechanism that
clicks into slots on the speed ring, and
gunk there is a likely cause of the problem, but I'd check the manual on Mark's
site first.
<http://olympus.dementix.org/Hardware/olympus_hw.html>

Moose