[OM] Good Grief, Irene!

Subject: [OM] Good Grief, Irene!
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 11:32:13 -0400
Well, this is horribly embarrassing, but I've just downloaded and examined my
RAW files from Irene, and I regret to say that none is worth much of anything.
True, I wasn't out shooting during the storm itself, because my one trip down
to the big rocks and lighthouse revealed close of 457,000 people clustered on
every available flat surface flashing away with their P&Ss. The contrast
between surf, rocks and sky was minimal, and the churning surf was completely
unorganized. I went back next morning in hope of finding more orderly rows of
breakers marching in to crash upon the granite and basalt at Pemaquid, but,
alas, such was not the case. I was back out this morning doing some HDR work,
but I'm not liking that, either.

Ah, well, I've had my share of good breaker pictures. I guess Irene was a bust
in more ways than one. Or I was.

Sigh. Watch for a future post on a future blog about proper surf photography.
<g>

--Bob