Re: [OM] Irene

Subject: Re: [OM] Irene
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 22:19:17 +1200
Bob wrote about Irene at Maine.

Today I phoned friends I have in Vermont. Just checking ...

Fortunately they live on a ridge, and although they got 3 inches (75mm) of
rain in only a few hours, the wind was not too bad and they are OK.

They were astounded to see the degree of flooding in the valleys, and there
were apparently videos broadcast of at least one of the famous old covered
bridges being lifted bodily by the water and tossed off downstream ...

Many communities are quite cut off from the rest of Vermont due to gross
damage to roads and loss of bridges.

But my friends are OK.

Brian Swale.