[OM] Wow

Subject: [OM] Wow
From: "Bob Benson" <bob.benson91@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 21:41:46 -0500
Hey - I've been reading this list for at least fifteen years.  I never felt
I had anything useful or interesting to contribute . but I've learned a lot
from  you.  And learned a lot about all you folks.

Now, however,  a statement .  I've been nuts since 1968 or so - OM fever --
lots of  OM gear,  went the E3 now E5 route,  etc. etc.   Hated the E-P1.
Tolerated the E3.  Kind of better with the E5.  Still do film.

But now . Impulse buy - the E-PL3 and the neat viewer.

Oh Boy !!!   The screen, and the "simplified" menus etc.    But especially
the movable screen,  making waist-high/chest-high shooting feasible,
combined with very nice ease-of-use.   Makes me wonder if I'll ever use the
neat viewer.  So remindful of the Mamiyaflex of old, used for years.  And -
oh boy again - putting OM glass on this,  with the movable screen.  It is
just a wonderful experience.  The 50 MM 1.4;  the 100 mm f2.  Again I say,
wonderful.  Just wonderful.

Makes me go back to the halcyon days of the OM2.  I am blown away by the OM
glass - again,  180,  even the 35-105,  even the 1.8 50 "made in Japan."  --
It's been rare to get that flush of enthusiasm saying "this is great!"

Just thought you might like to know.

Bob Benson